Party Central

Our party started with the arrival of Jess on April 1 from Provo (P-town, for all you locals). Can you believe she looked like this just after her red eye flight? She makes me sick!
We did things like go to Walden Pond,take a tour of Salem
(We found this witch tied to a pole. Can you believe they still do stuff like that?),
visit the Friendship replica
and lighthouse
(It was so windy on the way back it made us cry! Can you see Jess's tear?).

Then the party REALLY got... exciting. The kids came! They brought Ana too! Their family actually drove here from Fishers, IN!

Here's our photo shoot with Maddy, Kaden, Kalia, and Edie after Jess had cut everyone's hair:

We got to walk half of the Freedom Trail and get Mike's Pastries.

And, of course, we visited the Water Show.

And the kids played and played and played. We had a blast!

One night, Nate headed off the first annual Boat Race...or should I say Battleship Showdown.
All the kids (and Nate) designed and made paper boats.

This is Nate's:

I'll let you watch and see what happens.



How many of you think cub scouts is the perfect calling for Nate?

I'm so proud of myself for finishing this post. I've been meaning to do it forever! We're so glad Jess and the Smith's could come! And now we know our way around the area a little better, so if any of you are thinking you'd like to come this way, we can show you around!

It sure us quiet at our house now :(


Oh yeah, and Jess got a comb stuck in Maddy's hair during General Conference.
Nate had to cut it out.

7 comments:

Jenna said...

Mandy, This is Jenna Dunn (Platt) I found your guys blog through Jason and Heathers. I just love looking at all the picks of Edie. I can't believe how big she is she was still just a tiny baby last time I saw her. And congrats on your new little addition. She is a doll!! Well, I hope you guys are doing well. Where are you guys at now?

Smith Party of Five said...

I LOVE IT!!!!! It makes me miss being with you guys soooo much!!! We had such a great time hanging out with you guys! Thanks for posting again!

Kelly P said...

And look how good you look after just having a baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Glad to hear ya'll had a good time! Love ya!

Becky said...

Your "party" looks so fun and so cold. Glad to see you our there getting a feel for the land so Now I can look forward to great tours. The Smiths must have brought some warmer weather because the rest of the party looks a lot warmer. I love the boats! The race was so exciting. "Sink the pontoon!" Did the boat idea come from a cubscout activity? It's great that Nate gets so into sharing his fun. And especially that he always comes to the rescue when combs get tangled.

stephasauri said...

Fun fun fun! I love the bathtub boats! We'll have to do that for FHW sometime! Mike thinks he'll win.

Looking at that comb in Maddy's hair brought back some suppressed childhood memories. Yikes!

Cassia said...

That "boat race" was hilarious!

I feel for Maddy...

Cort said...

I'm a friend of Tanya's but I couldn't help looking at your site. We went out east for vacation and I have pictures in Salem with that witch on the pole, with the ship...and with the lighthouse too!