Book of Mormon Stories

For those of you who have served in Nursery, you are familiar with the blank faces and locked lips of the children as soon as the music starts playing when singing time rolls around. Why is that? You make a fool of yourself attempting a high energy rendition of Popcorn Popping or Once There Was a Snowman with the only response being unblinking eyes and slight drips of drool exiting the corners of their little mouths. I assume most toddlers are just like Edie and can't keep from singing all day long while at home. What's so different in Nursery?

Yesterday, her Nursery teacher expressed some frustration about this idea. They taught Book of Mormon Stories, complete with headdresses, only to find that the only lips moving were their own.

Well, I just want Terry, Debbie, and Alyssa to know that their labors are not in vain. Last night, I asked Edie to sing the song (with no prior personal instruction) and this is what she sang:




Aren't toddlers the best?

8 comments:

Alyssa's Adventures said...

That is adorable!! She is one smart cookie

Jen and Joe. said...

Well, as a primary music person, that just warms my heart...and as a friend of Edie, it warms my heart even MORE!!!

In singing time for nursery, we play lots of follow-the-leader type games and it's always a hit and normally gets the kids to sing. Though, sometimes I feel like I'm just putting on a concert for them, too. =)

Becky said...

Edie definitely has enthusiasm and energy while singing and dancing. And she learned the words to the favorite song. That's my girl!

Yaker621 said...

I'm so proud, I'm actually CRYING!!!!! Kiss her for me!
--Terry

Desiree Sanders said...

I just got released from nursery, but our kids LOVE singing time. Mostly the songs with movements. One of my best friends little girls is in my class, and she caught her singing, "Lead me, Guide me, walk beside me, help me find the poop!" That is NOT what we sing!!!

Julia said...

That is hilarious! Tell them not to fret because it's the same in sunbeams too, I can't get them to sing at all and they know the songs too!

Michelle said...

Steve and I know EXACTLY what you mean. I was put in nursery for a year right when we got married (talk about birth control there) and then again together when we moved back to Provo. The kids LOVE singing time, yet strangely enough we found ourselves the focus of attention most of the time. Good job to Edie!

josh, erica, nora, wells, evie and stella said...

Hope you don't mind! I used Edie as inspiration and posted a similar clip of Nora! So they do sing afterall...