Girls Day In

We were honored to have Tallie over last week, as her parents were busy with the delivery of their new son. We spent the day playing princess, much to my exhaustion.

Edie relishes the Belle gown; Tallie enjoys the beverage of choice: chocolate milk; Allison takes the cake, I think.

Belle, the Beast, and Tallie chat over Princess Milkshakes.


Manicure and pedicure enter their vocabulary.


Cookies (that should've taken 20 minutes to make) are completed in 2 hours.


Lunch
Yeah right...princesses don't eat cookie dough for lunch! They dine on "wet shrimp and nacaroni shells"!!


Thanks for playing, Tallie! We had so much fun! And I hope your brother will not put a damper on your princess play.


In other news, I started sleep training T-Rex today.

I've nursed/rocked her to sleep since she was born - a complete opposite of Edie's experience. And I think it's high time she learn how to put herself to sleep. It's not going well so far. I'm trying the Cry Yourself To Sleep Method. Let's just say it's about 5 pm and she hasn't napped yet.

Wish her luck!

6 comments:

stephasauri said...

Holy princesses! Everyone is so lovely. I love the side view of Edie with the apron on and the tutu sticking out. I'm glad you let the lick the beaters. That was always my favorite part as a kid (and grown-up).

It must be something about March 4th. Eliza is the same way. I always nurse her to sleep (at night and for naps). Her surgery is on Thursday and from Wednesday night she can't have anything to eat, including momma milk. We're going to have to figure out a new way to get her to sleep (and back to sleep when she wakes up in the night for milk... yes, she still does that). It's going to be one long night.

Becky said...

Pretty, pretty princesses! I sounds like you had one really fun day, getting all dolled up with beautiful clothes, pedicures and manicures, snacking and baking. Did any of the princesses get their beauty sleep? Maybe they don't need it as they are already so beautiful.

Crystal said...

What a cute party!! Those girls are adorable. And good luck to everyone on teaching Allison to sleep. If you want, I can burn you a copy of Avery's Disney Lullaby CD. That helps us when Avery is beyond mad.

Dawn said...

I love the Princess pictures, we need to have a big princess party sometime. I know my girls would love that too. I don't know about Allison's dress it look pretty risque.

Brittany said...

I ran across your blog on the Hodnetts' - fun to peek into your life! Your girls are GORGEOUS. Glad to see all is well. And if it's any consolation, I still rock my 18-month-old to sleep with a bottle, and I don't think it makes me a bad mom! :)

Drewmeister said...

The Princess Day sounds like so much fun. Wish I could have come too ;)